Latest posts by vilas patil (see all)
And the law finally landed up catching Rajendra Sadashiv Nikhalje, also known as Chota Rajan was the most wanted man in India. He is one among those gangsters, who have marked their place and name in Indian history. Besides being the famous underworld don, you need to know something more about this 55 year old gangster.
1. Rajendra Nikalje was born in a Marathi Buddhist family, grew up in a middle class locality of Tilak nagar, Chembur.
2. Chhota Rajan is the boss of major crime syndicate in India and his criminal activities started back by scalping cinema tickets at Sahakar Cinema, in 1980’s. He was a teenager then.
3. He received training about functioning of trade after he met Rajan Mahadev Nair, better known as Bada Rajan. After Bada Rajan was killed, he received the throne and only after that he came to be known as Chota Rajan.
4. During 1984 to 1993, Mumbai region was ruled by a deadly combination of gangster – Dawood and Chota Rajan. After Rajan, first wet Dawood and started to work with him as a gold smuggler.
5. After 1993 Mumbai Bomblast series, both the gangsters got separated and Shakeel replaced Rajan in Dawood’s gang. Various bloody shootouts were reported after the split between both.
6. Chota Rajan is married to Sujata Nikalje and has three daughters Ankita Nikalje, Nikita Nikalje and Khushi Nikalje. The younger one is doing graduation and the elder got married. His younger Brother Deepak Nikalje is associated with Republican Party of India of MP Ramdas Athawale.
7. There were various attempts to kill Rajan, but he would always find a narrow escape. Last time, when he was attacked by Shakeel in Bangkok hotel in 2000, he escaped swiftly but broke his neck and also got some bullets in the body. This was the last time, when the world confirmed Chota Rajan’s presence
8. Chhota Rajan helped the Indian police and security agencies greatly in the last few years by providing information on Dawood’s methods and whereabouts.
9. His greatest success in the crime is believed to be the killing of Mirza Dilshad Beg who was a member of the Nepal parliament and had alleged links with Dawood. He has also said that he had planned and ordered the hit. The reason he gave for doing so was that he believed that he was a conduit for ISI which is Pakistan’s Intelligence.
10. He is wanted in 17 murder cases and several attempted murders. However, Chota Rajan recently got caught in Bali Indonesia by Indonesian police.
11. Sujata Nikalje was arrested many times by Maharashtra control of organised Crime act, but there were no single traces about Chota Rajan. However, after his wife’s arrest Rajan started invested all his black money in real estate so that he would be able to maintain his business fluently.
12. Safalika and Kunju, were the faces behind the killing of his mentor, Bada Rajan. He debuted in underworld after taking revenge from both this murderers. Safalika was encountered by police whereas Kunju was killed by Rajan.
We hope, his arrest would help the Indian police to find other crime syndicates.